Yoga for Kids
Do kids really need Yoga in their lives? The answer is YES and the reasons why they need it are many.
Children today live in a very fast-paced world. Between pressures from school, extra curricular activities, their peers, parents, and society, the hustle and bustle of every day life can quickly wear down on a child’s inner peace and joy. All of these pressures and expectations can lead to a whole lot of stress, and while most kids are not familiar with the concept of stress, they can still experience what it feels like without giving it a label or name.
- Backbends stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and are invigorating. They also open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system and are relaxing. They also help to massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and more difficult poses encourage practice and build strength and self-esteem.
- Breathing practices are a great way to reduce stress and help with focus and concentration. They also help reduce allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Meditation enhances calmness and clarity of the mind.
- The cardiovascular activity included in classes allow kids to expend their energy in a healthy way and strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- The sense of play incorporated into classes allow kids to let loose, be silly, and have fun.
- Music and dancing has therapeutic properties and teaches rhythm, tempo, and coordination.
- The principles of Yoga teach kids kindness, sharing, compassion, mindfulness, awareness, and much more. Tools that will serve them for the rest of their lives!
10 Week contract duration
Most frequently requested times are right after school, so please request early to choose your ideal day and time.
Classes may be held in your child's school.
Iowa City/Coralville/North Liberty
Contact Denise Harder to set up a 10-week session in your school. Special rates for PTO sponsored sessions. Options include yoga for teachers.